BLOCKS TO BUIDLINGS
Design Strategist / UX & UI Designer
User Experience Research & Design
UI Wireframe & User Flow Design
The Blocks to Buildings Installation is a collaboration between Thinkingbox and a group of graduate students at the Center for Digital Media.
The goal of the project was to create a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) of an interactive installation that took real-world interactions (building with simple blocks) and translated/augmented the experience in a virtual world.
To build a Sustainable Metropolitan City - Digital + OOH Activation at Science World
A sustainable city building installation for users to participate in what our city could look like in the future.
The installation aimed to:
● Provide multiple choices of buildings for users to apply into their city
● Assign each building a different level of environmental impact (Such as CO2
● Allow users to build their own cities and see how “green” their cities are
● Put each city on one planet and export a digital version as takeaways for users
● Users can walk through planet by planet to see city views that were built by different users
The installation aims to raise the awareness of how to make the world more sustainable through an engaging and fun city building activation. Our preliminary design will target the general public in metro Vancouver who go to museums such as Science World in their spare time. In order to discover the possible needs and requirements of our stakeholder/client, we conducted an interview with Science World staff and discussed what are the KPIs and how they measure success for each exhibition.
User will be given a tablet as the medium for input, multiple physical blocks as the tool to conduct interaction, and a big screen aside will display the output. Users have to put these blocks onto the iPad to build their city in virtual. A simple user flow as following:
User Experience Map